As many of you may know, yesterday was international Star Wars day! I had Alyssa come over and we had a star wars movie marathon all night! We made also made felt star wars figures and of course we gushed over Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) It was so much fun, so as always i thought i would share with you pictures from the night!
We are Siths
All 6 movies that we planned on watching. We didn't quite get through all of them.
Storm trooper kitty coming to check out what is going on
Mace Windu's light saber ( Samuel L. Jackson)
Felt Droid Cat nip toy
"These are not the droids you are looking for"
I may be a sith...
Han Solo and R2D2!
Supplies for crafts
Cantina Band player
Alyssa's Darth Vader
Star Wars always brings out my nerdyness. Here are a few things you may not know about Star Wars:
- During the pod racing scene in Phantom Menace the people in the stands are actually Q-tips.
- Luke Skywalker's name has a meaning- Luke is a doctor in the bible and He "walks in the sky healing the republic.
- Obi Wan's name has a meaning- "Only One" could train Luke
- Han Solo's name has a meaning- He Handles it alone hence the solo
- Darth Vader means Dark Father in German
- The reason Luke's Light-saber is Green in the Return of the Jedi is because the blue did not show up well against the Blue Sky.
- E.T from Steven Spielberg's movie actually made an appearance in Phantom Menace during the scene with the senate
- Jedi is a listed religion in Several Nations
- Some of the asteroids in the Empire Strikes Back were beets painted brown
- The Wilhelm Scream is in every star wars movie
- "I have a bad feeling about this" line is also in every Star Wars movie
- Harrison Ford ad-libed his line in the exchange: LEIA-"I love you" HAN-"I Know" as well as his line when he is talking through the intercom in a storm trooper uniform in A New Hope
- Ian McDiarmid did not play the emperor in the Empire Strikes Back. It was really an old women with a monkey face superimposed over her face
- Luke's landspeeder noise is actually traffic from the Harbor Freeway in Los Angles
- Yoda is the only main character to die of natural causes